Thursday, October 1, 2009

KALE CHIPS YUM!

I haven't baked kale chips since the teacher trainees graduated from teacher training but I was actually craving kale this week. It is an all around healthy and delicious veggie.
Most of the time I steam the kale and add fresh tomatoes and oregano topping brown rice with the mix and thats dinner - it's quick!

Try kale chips and eat them warm from the oven!
1 bunch kale
olive oil
fresh or dried dill
sea salt
Yup 4 ingredients!

Rub each leaf with olive oil
Place on a cookie sheet
Bake for 20 minutes until the kale is crispy
Sprinke with dill and a little sea salt

Thats it! Everyone that has tried them, really liked them!

By the way, if you only eat raw, put the kale in a dehydrator and then add the seasoning.

5 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to makes these, but now that I have had the reminder I think I will get some collards and try to make a little magic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how it goes with the collards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried once with swiss chard - big FAIL! haha But my favorite are kale leaves with toasted sesame oil, sesame seeds and umeboshi plum vinegar. My husband will consume a whole head of kale that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Kale Chips! Normally I do them in my dehydrator but this approach will take less time :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to try the toasted sesame oil! Cooking for my teacher trainees in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete