Wednesday, September 23, 2009

and the seasons go round Transition!

This morning, as my yoga class centered with breath, I spoke about transition.
The yoga of life!



Begin to notice the transitions from the food eaten, the climate, your physical activity and most important-your breath.


Yesterday, summer moved to autumn, even though it was 80 degrees today, and feels like summer, we are still transforming to a new a wonderous season. The leaves are changing from green to many beautiful colors. This change is always breath taking.



The food we eat changes...........

The summer brings an abundance of local fruits and vegetables in all shapes, sizes and colors. They are delicious and I always miss them when the season is over. Then the fall comes and colors and flavors of apples, pumpkins and squash show up. (orange of the 2nd chakra-hmmm) So my biggest dilemma is: what do I do with fall fruits and veggies? Remember I am new to cooking!



Breathe Relax Feel and Allow

As we sat on our yoga mats, we move from our very hectic lives to the softness and quietness of our breath and the calmness of our mind. I watched my students settle into their breath and witnessed their transition from the outer world to their inner world. As a yoga teacher, watching my students with awareness, I am always in awe of the transition that takes place and many times in just 75 minutes. Incredible!



I love the awareness in this hectic world and seeing the changes that happen as we continue to transition from season to season, day by day and sometimes minute by minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment