Monday, September 14, 2009

MORNING PAGES

In order to retrieve your creativity, you need to find it. I ask you to do this by an apparently pointless process I call the morning pages.........Julia Cameron

Julia Cameron is an amazing, creative person and during the 2 hours she spoke at IIN, I made a conscious decision to try morning pages. Today, I look forward to writing every morning.

What are morning pages?
Morning Pages are three pages of longhand, stream of consciousness writing, done first thing in the morning. Guess what- it doesn't matter what you say, how you say it and it is all yours. Keep it to yourself!

How have they helped my life?
I look forward to writing every morning and start my day on a positive note because I let go of what I could have held on to all day. I let the thoughts go and flow on to the pages in my journal.
And guess what, my hips are smaller so I must be releasing the old fears. THANK YOU morning pages and Julia Cameron for your wisdom.

Book: "The Artist Way" Check it out if you like to write or journal. Enjoy your creative journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment